Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Jillibean Soup & PageMaps..

How lucky am I?  I've just had the opportunity to play along with Becky Fleck's PageMaps sketches, two months in a row as a guest designer! In April, it was for Bella Blvd (see blog post here) and now in May, I get to play along with the talented girls from Jillibean Soup!  I sometimes still have to pinch myself at the wonderful opportunities that have come my way. And I am extremely humbled that people still like to look at what I love creating.  Thank you friends...x

 
Becky kindly provided this sketch for me to work from.
 
 
 
And this is what I created.. It's pretty close to the sketch but as you can see, I've added my own variation in some places!
 
 
"Just Write"
 
products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Jillibean Soup; alpha - Jillibean Soup beanboards; other - JBS: wood sprinkles, pea pod parts, soup labels; other - typewriter.


I've done a little play on words with my title work.  *grin*  My youngest is extremely interested in his letters/alphabet/writing at the moment and he is copying and learning something new each day.
 



I really wanted to have a permanent copy of his handwriting at this learning stage, as most of the time he just grabs sheets of printer paper and goes to town with his letter work!  Adding it to a scrapbook layout just ensures I will have a future reminder of these little details.


I got him to write his name with a pencil, directly onto some white cardstock.  I then carefully went over his handwriting with an acid-free permanent pen/marker.  I've also used this cardstock, trimmed, to replace the second photo from the sketch.

 
To finish off my layout, I've added the gorgeous wood sprinkles (life) in place of the button banner and the large die-cut camera (peapod parts) instead of the circle element.
 
I hope you will come along and find the time to play with this sketch.  Maybe you can also capture some handwriting detail of your own!! Thanks for visiting today...x
 
 


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Really love this cute layout! You did a great job interpreting it! I love the finished product! What a fun memory to hang on to!

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS sketch and LOVE your FUN take on it!!!
GREAT photos for your page, always precious to preserve handwriting as children grow (I did the same as my Grandparents aged) - LOVE the colours too!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the camera and loveeeeeeeeeee how you added his writing on here!!!

Tona said...

I adore everything about this layout!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a great story for this layout, Leanne! Love that you used his handwriting, and he is so cute and happy in that photo!!

Kim said...

How lucky I was to see this IRL, totally love your colour choices leanne!

Lizzy Hill said...

Adorable...love the pun, too...& it's these everyday moments that are so jolly scrappable.....& well done you, 2 months in a row:):)!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful layout and love that sketch too.. well done on being guest designer!!

bernii miller said...

Oh my Leanne.. I LOVE this so much and even more so with the writing on there :) xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wonderful work!! :D

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!!!

Tarrah McLean said...

This is a gorgeous layout Leanne...just love Cam's handwriting touch on here too....adorable!