Saturday, May 3, 2014

Bella Blvd & National Scrapbooking Day!

Hello Friends!!!!  How excited are you for National Scrapbooking Day? Yay!! Although I truly think the name of the day should be changed to Inter-National Scrapbook Day!  Don't you think?  I absolutely love seeing inspiration from all over the world and nobody does it better than scrapbookers and crafters! *grin*
 
 
 
Today Bella Blvd has organised a challenge for the entire design team to participate in.  And once again the challenge is for us to share a little about ourselves with you.
 
This challenge was an extremely difficult one, not because I don't want to share with you, but because I am not a fan of being in front of the camera.  I agonised about the challenge because I didn't have any new photos of myself and no one else in my family willingly likes to pick up the camera and snap away like I do.  Can you relate?
 
So, after my lovely husband calmed me down (yes I was stressing about having my photo taken) I took control and stared at myself in the bathroom mirror.  I figured if I couldn't get a decent shot nobody has to see them.  The joys of having a digital camera! And I could always get creative with a photo-less layout!  Lucky for me, I decided I had three photos I could work with.  :)
 

This was the photo I was going to use on my layout.

But then I changed my profile picture on Facebook with one of the other photos.  Some thing that was long overdue, as the last one was over two years old! Again, can you relate? LOL!  Anyway, what happened next was a true eye-opener.  The amazing amount of support I received for a photo that had no word content just blew me away.  I wasn't expecting comments and I certainly wasn't expecting "likes".
 
The direction of my Bella Blvd layout just took a new turn, because this is what I wanted to document.  The lesson learnt.  I need to be kinder to me.
 
 
"Profile Update"

products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Bella Blvd (Family Forever); alpha - Bella Blvd; other - Bella Blvd: candid cards, crochet hearts, stickers; Heidi Swapp colorshine; tools - machine stitching, typewriter.


 
I hope you will hop along with us today and as you get to know us a little better, be on the look out for some gorgeous giveaways on the Bella Blvd blog!!!  Good luck and thanks for visiting...x
 
 
 

20 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I used to be that way too -- until a fellow scrapbooker who decided to start taking MORE photos of herself with her kids because her kids didn't care what she looked like, they just saw Mom -- and she wanted them to remember what she looked like .... sadly a month after she made that decision, she was killed in a car accident. Every since then, no matter what I look like, I have taken a monthly photo with me and my kids :) 5 years and going ... granted it's only one pic a month, but it's something they will have of me :)

I loveeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that photo of you and love love love the colors and the hearts!!! I think you are gorgeous!!!!!

Lara said...

Amazing card and layout. Thanks for sharing them! I need to add you to my reader.

WhoMom said...

Awesome picture and a great reminder to get in front of the camera. I hate having my picture taken and yet my children will want to see pictures of me just I love to see pictures of my mom or my Dad. Great job. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. If you can, I can! Right?

Monique Liedtke said...

I don't know why you agonize!! You look lovely!!! I adore your layout girl! Pinning it!!!

Jamie Harder said...

This layout is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And so are YOU!!! xoxo

Betty said...

Yes, I can relate!! Thanks for sharing! Btw, you are beautiful!

Camerageek said...

I've gained so much weight in the last few years so I can totally relate. But you shouldn't be so self conscious you're a beautiful girl. Love the LO.

mitchmac said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel - I'm the only one who will take photos in my family too - hence I'm seldom in the photo - thank heavens for selfies!

Love your layout - the colours are so cool!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Leanne, what a gorgeous page!! I think we've all been there with the photos of ourselves!! Love your mix of patterns and color combo!! Great journaling, too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Lizzy Hill said...

I am SOOO glad you ended up using this photo - saw it on FB & I will tell you, I didn't realise you were this young!!! I like it rather than the bathroom 1/2 one...but I understand the 1/2 ones....I like them of me cos I only have to show a little of myself [LOL!!]....anyways, you've scrapped it beautifully - as always....& good on you updating yourself:):)

CalleLillyCafe said...

ok I am right with you! Fab photo & fab layout! You had my tears welling up ready to fall bcuz this is how I feel! I take x amount of selfies & zero are to my liking. Delete delete delete. I know of the story & beautiful mom that was taken too soon too that Julie above had mentioned. So sad. You are a pretty girl too! Happy day!

Keathe said...

Love that layout! And what a beautiful picture!

Keathe said...

Love that layout! And what a beautiful picture!

Lizzyc said...

I can soo relate, but why arent we in more photos? I am sure our kids and family would just be happy to have some memories of us.. so yes I should take more photos with me in them too.. love the photos of you.. love the layout too..

Lizzyc said...

Oh I have just read Julie's comment.. ouch.. I really should just take more photos of me and the kids.... what a reminder.....

FiKenward said...

Totally get it, hence why Im still wearing a Christmas hat in my photo, lol. Gorgeous photo and you've scrapped it beautifully.

Unknown said...

i too must remember to take more photos of me and i totally love the way your layout came out.. memo to self take more photos and actually scrap them :)

Unknown said...

beautiful pic! love your scrapbooking style :)

TracyM #6773 said...

Fabulous layout - love the colours, design and journaling!!!
LOVE the photos of YOU too and can honestly say that I feel your pain of being in front of the camera. I keep saying that I will have more photos of myself but still fail miserably => thank you for the reminder to JUST DO IT :)

Tarrah McLean said...

What a wonderful reminder to us all Leanne....this photo is a stunning one and so you should put it out there!! Love how you have scrapped and documented it....gorgeous work x