Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bella Blvd | Confetti Trends...

Hi Everyone!  I'm back today to share with you a layout created for Bella Blvd.  This month the team at Bella have been given some new challenges.  One of mine was to use the trend of confetti on my page.  *grin*  I love confetti and most of you will know that I am no stranger when it comes to adding a touch of it here and there on my layouts.  However, for this challenge I decided I wanted to go crazy!! LOL!  And maybe... I went too crazy.  LOL! So, I will let you judge for yourself!  *grin*


"Rainbow of Possibilities"
 
sorry..
removed for publication..x
 

products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Bella Blvd: Play Date, Daily Chevies, Freestyle Sophisticates; other - Bella Blvd: Play Date Captions sticker, Crochet Hearts; embroidery floss, ink; tools - circle punch, hole punch, type writer, hand stitching.

 
I found this adorable quote on Pinterest about rainbows and thought it suited my son perfectly. "You Are A RAINBOW of Possibilities" - unknown.  I've changed it up a little to compliment the Play Date Caption sticker used at the top of my photo.. Now my journaling reads: You light up my life with a RAINBOW of possibilities. 
 


A bit much? Maybe.. But it was fun to create.  I even got to incorporate some of the brand new CHA collection Play Date!! It's very cute! To create a similar layout, grab your office supply hole punch and some embroidery floss.  Punch holes in your chosen paper, create a sunburst with hand stitching.  Then get busy gluing those circles down!!  LOL!  You can either strategically place your punched circles or ... ahem.. do what I did and just throw them onto the paper and glued them where they landed! 
 

Finish off your layout with some beautiful crochet hearts from Bella Blvd, for depth and texture.  Not only do they look pretty, they add to the handmade/folksy effect I was aiming for here.  *grin*    I hope you have fun creating!! Thanks for visiting..x

 

16 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

Confetti is a recent trend? I thought you invented it a while ago! Well I suppose if someone has to create a page using confetti it may as well be The Confetti Queen! Actually this page is a bit different for you - still love it though!

MelB said...

This is completely stunning!! Love the sunburst of colors and coordinating confetti, just stunning my friend.

Gina Lideros said...

I love the rainbow that you created with the confetti!

mk said...

Leanne! LOVE love your confetti layout! fabulous!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is super fun!!!! I love it! You can never be too crazy!!! :D :D

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous and no way can you use too much confetti.. it is so cute!!

Miss Jane said...

OMGosh Leanne, this is GORGEOUS! Just love it. Can I copy? :D

Lizzy Hill said...

Just sliiightly, ever so slightly OTT...but that's OK...I LOOOOVE it...being an Over the Topper on the odd occasion myself!!! The rainbow idea is wonderful...& that's THE only way to add confetti.....sorta sprinkle & see where it lands. It's my tried & true method!!!!!

Стокли said...

It looks gorgeous! but I don't want to think how much time it would take me to glue them all... =)

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Leanne!! The use of the confetti in the rainbow colors is so cute, and I love the stitching to create the burst effect!

Kim said...

This is actually stunning Leanne, the stitching is superb, I need to try that and your confetti rocks BIG TIME!!!!

Unknown said...

Gosh this is amazing work! All that detail, it must have taken you forever to complete this one! Absolutely amazing.

Kerryn said...

Gosh no, not too much at all. STUNNING!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Ha... you crack me up! I love, love, love this layout and yes, you went CRAZY and it looks fabulous!

Sheree said...

Wow so bright and fun and gorgeous!!!! Love it! :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a fabulous design! Pinned!!!