Monday, June 17, 2013

Jillibean Soup | Finger Painting...

Hello Friends.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend!! Today I want to share a layout created for Jillibean Soup.  I just love how well the patterned papers coordinate across the collections! 

 
"Finger Painting"

products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Jillibean Soup: Fresh Vegetable Soup/Baby Carrots, Stalks of Celery, Crushed Ginger; Coconut Lime Soup/Kaffir Lime Leaves, Fresh Ginger, Straw Mushrooms; Chilled Cucumber Soup/Smashed Garlic, Yellow Tomatoes; Grandma's Lima Bean Soup/Leek Bulb; Macho Nacho Soup/Pinch of Cool, Bite Size Bits; Soup Staples II/Yellow Salt; alpha - Jillibean Soup Alphabeans - Roma Red; other - Jillibean Soup: Coordinating Label Stickers:  Chilled Cucumber Soup, Coordinating Cardstock Stickers:  Grandma's Lima Bean Soup, Soup Labels:  Card Sentiments; Greatest View badge/flair;  tools - date stamp, machine stitching, mist, stapler.


Finger painting is one of my youngest child's most favourite thing to do.. and he asks to "finger paint" almost daily!  So much so.. that we go through soo much plain paper and art books!  Not to mention my paint supplies!  *grin*  And he's not fussy or precious about getting it on his fingers either.  In fact I think he rather enjoys using fingers more than an actual paint brush.  :) 
 
On this day, I snapped a couple of photos of him creating his own art.  But I want to really document his love of dipping into the paint and so I focused in on his little hands. The colours from the patterned papers compliment the paint on his hands so well, that I hardly need to scrap with embellishments.  Add a few label stickers from the Jillibean Soup range and an "everyday hashtag" badge from Greatest View, and I was pretty much done.


I love scrapping with layers too (just in case you haven't noticed!!! *grin*) and they leave me with plenty of opportunity to slip in some hidden journaling.  What is your favourite thing to add to your scrapbooking layouts?  And do you find it a tried and true method?  *grin*
 
Thanks so much for visiting...x
 


9 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this!!! Great photo! You've matched it perfectly! Awesome! :D

Lizzyc said...

This is really lovely, I love your layers and the mix of patterned papers looks fabulous too.. and love the photo, we tend to not take photos of the things our kids do, I remember mine doing finger painting, but I did not even think of taking a photo of it.. and one of my fav things to add to a scrapbooking layout is punched edges, I have a few MS punches now and try and use one on a layout somewhere..

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Awesome layering and great colors! Love it

Lizzy Hill said...

No! YOU? Like layers? I would NEVER have guesses....LOL:):):):) gorgeous layers here. And your pic matches right in with the scrummy coloured pp. me? I usually ummmm....I dunno!!!! Usually head into my button box cos no LO feels complete without a badge or button ATM.......

Cindy Lee said...

You rock those layers, Leanne!! My jaw was wide open when I saw this layout on the Jillibean Soup blog! Anyways, my jaw was always wide open whenever I saw your layout! This layout is so awesome and I love how you incorporate different pattern and colors and make it work for you!

Gina Lideros said...

Oh my goodness, those little painted hands are adorable!

Kerryn said...

LOVE this one Leanne. Everything is 'just right'.

Chantalle said...

Another amazing photo!!

Gail L said...

You are just the best at layering patterned paper! So good! I would love to see this one IRL! xx