Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finally...

yes.  Finally.  I can share some of the inspiration that has hit me since going to expo.  :)  Hello Friends.  I've been scrapping.  :D  And after dragging myself up and out of bed last week, I've found that getting crafty yesterday and today, have left me with itchy fingers.  I just needed to play with some paper.  Forget the housework.


{Sunset}

products used: cs - Stampin' Up, bazzill, kraft; pp - Crate Paper, Bo Bunny; alpha - kaisercraft; FTD - Delightful Doily Duo, High in the Sky,Zippity do da; other - Elle's Studio journal cards, PLS vacation card, twine, Dear Lizzy embellishment, staple, MS pinking circle punch & small circle, black pen (sharpie), Tim Holtz distress ink, Versacolor ink, Kaisercraft ink, Mister Huey's mists. 

Today I pulled out my Fancy That Dies from The Papercraft Hub and played with High in the Sky - a gorgeous little hot air balloon.  I've been wanting to use the silhouette of this die for ages and just couldn't find the photos I wanted to pair it with.  :)  After listening to the other Scrapbooking Memories Masters talk, I realised I just need to stopping holding (hoarding) the photos I want to scrap and just document the story.  I'm sure we all do this from time to time.  Have a fabulous photo and instead of writing down the story of that moment, we wait, until we have the right paper, the right embellishments.  Well today I just wanted to scrap.  And I didn't want to have to go shopping first!


Another "light bulb" moment I had after expo was looking through my layouts and remembering other gorgeous pieces of "art" I had seen and just wished.. I had it in me to use different techniques.  Louise Nelson's art is divine.  I adore her story telling on her pages and believe me she does document her stories in such a unique way, that looking at a colour on a layout will trigger a memory for her.  I love her misting techniques on her backgrounds and the movement she can create from drips of paint.  So uniquely beautiful.  And here I was wishing I could try my hand at that method and still retain a little bit of me.

And then it hit me.  I do that already.  LOL!  Sure, not to the extent that Lou does, but there on my background papers are splashes of paint and mist.  Colours dotted together to help me tell my story.


The scary thing for me sometimes, is that I do this in reverse!  I will layer and adhere papers before I pull out the paint.  Just adding a dash here or there always completes a layout for me.  :)

I love how in this industry we can be so inspired and motivated by others to document our own stories that are unique to us.  And I know when the mojo is low, my scrapping friends can lift me.


Again I will share, just how wonderful it was to meet up with my on-line friends.  Thanks for the snippets of inspiration that I have gathered from you all.  And hopefully now I can pass along a little inspiration to others.  Thanks for visiting..x

9 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Such a great post. It is always nice to have the opportunity to stop and reflect. Sounds like you had a great time at the expo. Love your layout!

Jules said...

Hey lovely lady! good to see you are feeling better! ikwym about needing a friendly 'lift' of inspo from time to time... I just love what you have done! so sorry we didn't get much time together in Bris, it was all a bit of a whirlwind for me, I wish I could do it all again, only in slow motion!! lol x

Kim said...

sorry I havent been around, life has been way tooooooo busy, but I so love this one, as I said before the design totally rocks, and thatgreen just adds such a dynamic feel to the layout!!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

LOve your gorgeous page!!Sound like you hd a lot of positive input at the expo. I looove those!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Those pictures are amazing- loving the hot air balloon and cloud above- just perfect!!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Yes, its funny how paper Can give you lots of energy! Love your layout, fab design and layers

madscrappertoo said...

Beautiful lo!!

Suz said...

I love this blog post, especially about the ink/mist droplets and movement on a page. One of my favorite ways to use mist/paint!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello and to check in with your lovely comments. Take care you.
{Hugs}
Suz

Kerryn said...

I'm glad you left the housework because this is fabulous!