Tuesday, July 5, 2011

And our travels continue....

Yes.  You guessed it.  We are still travelling along but rapidly our little adventure is coming to a close.  Just a few more days and we will be home.  (And just quietly... I think this is about all the travelling the kids can handle.)  They have been really good so far.  But they have their limits...and I have mine! LOL!!!

Let me catch you up.

We left Canberra feeling as though we hadn't seen much of anything really... We covered the basics, the "must-sees". I'm sure we will go back one day. But it most certainly WON'T be in winter!! hahaha!!


The Blue Mountains were definitely calling us. We stayed in Katoomba, very close to Scenic World!



These mountains are spectacular.  They are amazing.  And I keep referring to them as the "green" Grand Canyon.  Not that I've seen the Grand Canyon in real life, but it is how I'd imagine it to be....if it had lots of trees!  The place was magic.  Aided of course by the low lying clouds in the valley below.  :) 
 
 




I think it was the cable cars and vertical railway that sold us on the Mountains.  We spent the entire day at Scenic World and used our unlimited passes to travel up and down and from mountain top to valley floor.  We even went from mountain top to mountain top!  We saw lyrebirds, waterfalls and monolithic rocks!  Wow!  The Three Sisters enchanted us along with the legend itself.




The kids found the glass bottom floor fascinating!  Especially Cam! LOL!  The rest of us found it a little un-nerving.... :s

The vertical train however, was extremely entertaining! bwahahaha...


Unfortunately I was too busy holding on for dear life to take possession of the camera! LOL!  To punish ourselves even more we chose to go back up it (travelling backwards!) in the first carriage.  We had a definite birds eye view to the valley floor immediately below!  You try not to think about things like break failure, at a time like that.  LOL!  Scary. Scary ride!  And when they say vertical...they don't exaggerate that part!!

After an incredibly blustery night in Katoomba, we packed up in the rain and headed towards Dubbo.  That's where we are right now.

We had a mid-journey break in Orange, where I got to meet some lovely Ladies who are endearing regulars on The Boxx!  Hi Kim and Annette!  *waving from Dubbo*!!  hee hee...  It was unfortunate that I didn't get to catch up with Mary too.. :(  We had a great chat and I am very pleased to say I have now met them IRL!  (In Real Life - that's for my Mum!!  LOL!)

Today we spent our time at Western Plains Zoo.  We have a two day pass and plan to spend Cam's second birthday there tomorrow!  But here's a little look at what we did and saw today....






 Thanks for visiting...  I'll  be back soon...x

2 comments:

Jules said...

wow... you certainly are making the most of your time leanne! fantastic photos and how great to meet kim and annette! :) hope the camping experience isn't wearing too thin... we are itching to take receipt of our new camper in October!! safe travels home. :) x

Kerryn said...

oh wow! That looks like a place I need to go with my family one day. Although I'm not so sure about the glass bottomed cable car. Eek!

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves still and hope your little man had a happy birthday :).