Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Camping - part2...

Have you ever wanted to visit an enchanted forest? Well.... This was our chance to do so.

Are you ready for Round 2? Hee hee! I promise I am not going to post all 400+ photos here..(as much as my Mum would love - Sorry Mum!).

But I will start off with some photos of the local area. Where we went camping (Main Range National Park), there were two beautifully situated look outs. Nice for a drive, but there is no way I would walk to the top of the mountain (like I we saw several - ahem - crazy people doing!) LOL! Especially with four kids in tow. So off we went. In the car!!

There were two different look outs. The first one we went to was called "Mount Castle" and was a Class 3 graded walk. Slightly difficult terrain, with uneven ground. AND maybe a slight incline. Well, they weren't kidding about that! LOL! I'm just glad I wasn't the one carrying Cam...


But it was worth it. Just to see the gorgeous track cut through the bush...


...and the view at the end of it...


The second look out was called "Sylvesters". It was a much easier walk but with equally gorgeous scenery.

The kids love this type of exploring. They just need to remember not to race off ahead of the adults (especially the ones taking photos!). Those enchanted woods are too tempting for children! LOL!! No wonder fairy tales are full of them. :)

Tomorrow I'll be back with the last lot of photos and how we spent Easter Sunday. Thanks for visiting...x

4 comments:

Karen Shady said...

OH Leanne, those photos are beautiful. I expected to see a fairy or a gnome hiding behind a tree..... glad ypou had a great holiday xx

Leanne J said...

Yep i am dEFINATELY goin there...

Kerryn said...

Wow what stunning scenery!

Unknown said...

WOW what a beautiful place!!! Looks like you have a fab time! xx