Sunday, October 26, 2008

We survived, BARELY...

Okay. Let me start by saying, it was a great week-end. Apart from several incidents. I'll leave you with this for now...



...and finish off tomorrow. Let's just say the photo would have been so much more dramatic, showing the blood pouring down her face, with Tahlia unable to open her eye because of it and the accompaniment of screaming from halfway across the camp site. The photo would have been great...if I had been able to recover enough to take it. Instead, I went into shock over Tahlia ploughing head first into the gravel drive...off her bike...in front of a car...gashing open her head...and probably requiring two or three stitches, that is now too late to get. It would have been great and very dramatic. But I wasn't thinking like a scrapper. I was her Mum and the photo barely shows what the fuss was about.
That was just one incident and NOT even the first!!!! I think we needed a bit more luck! More to share tomorrow.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Oh dear.... looks like you had an interesting first camping trip! Hope EVERYONE is recovering well...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tahlia,
I was sad to hear of your accident. Hope you are feeling better today. You must have been riding that bike pretty fast.Sounds like a full on weekend with plenty to talk about.
Love Nanny