Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dragonfly...

Sometimes it's nice to see the little secrets your back garden is willing to share.
I've been wanting to take a photo of a dragonfly that I've kept seeing, for some time now. This particular one likes to rest on the kids swing set early in the morning. But every time I happen to glimpse out the window, see that it is there, then fumble around to get to my camera and put it on the right settings, the dragonfly has inevitably gone on its merry way.

So I was pleasantly surprised on the weekend, when I was outside in the late afternoon playing with the kids, with my camera in hand, that I saw this dragonfly resting nearby. When you least expect it, small accomplishments are made I guess.

1 comment:

Leanne Stamatellos said...

beautiful photo Leanne - great capture!